French Submarine Found After Lost 50 Years Ago
Tuesday, 23 July 2019 19:11 WIB | GLOBAL |GlobalPerancis

The debris of a French submarine lost more than 50 years ago was found more than 45 kilometers from the ship's headquarters in the port of Toulon. Fifty-two sailors were on the submarine Compilation of ships lost in January 1968.

"This is success, relief and technical achievement," French Defense Minister Florence said on Twitter on Monday (7/22). "I appreciate their families who have waited a long time for this discovery."

Parly, which announced a new search mission earlier this year, said it was possible thanks to "recent technological advances in underwater exploration, including the use of new sonar and research drones."

French Talks have never announced the cause of submarine-related accidents.

Experts think, maybe because of problems with the steering wheel, collisions with other ships, missile explosions or torpedoes, or maybe because of the fault of the oxygen supply system.

Parly said the ceremony would be held at sea for the families of seamen who were arrested. The wreck will be left in place, working as the final resting place for sailors, the French navy said.

Source : VOA

RELATED NEWS

Pompeo Meets with New Oman Leader
Saturday, 22 February 2020 02:10 WIB

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo arrived in Oman Friday for a meeting with the country's new ruler, Sultan Haitham bin Tariq Al Said. Pompeo will also pay homage to relatives of Sultan Qaboos bin Said, who died in January. Oman has close ties with Iran and Saudi Arabia, where Pompeo departed fr...

Coronavirus Cases in Hubei Rise After Declining for 2 Days
Friday, 21 February 2020 18:19 WIB

The number of new coronavirus cases in China's Hubei province rose Friday after two straight days of declines, but the increase was still the smallest since the end of January. The Hubei health commission reported 411 new cases Friday, up from Thursday's count of 349. It also reported 115 new death...

South Korea Reports 1st Coronavirus Death as Outbreak Enters 'New Phase'
Friday, 21 February 2020 10:07 WIB

South Korea confirmed its first death from the new coronavirus, local media reported Thursday, as the number of infections in the country tripled within two days. The Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention said in a statement the exact cause of death is being investigated. The report came ...

Google Updates Terms in Plain Language After EU Scrutiny
Thursday, 20 February 2020 23:34 WIB

Google is attempting to make sure people know exactly what they're signing up for when they use its online services ” though that will still mean reading a lengthy document. The company updated its terms of service on Thursday ” its largest update to the general use contract since 2012 ” in r...

Iran State News Agency Says New Virus Has Killed 2 Citizens
Thursday, 20 February 2020 17:59 WIB

The new virus has killed two elderly Iranian citizens, Iran's state-run IRNA news agency reported Wednesday. IRNA quoted Alireza Vahabzadeh, an adviser to the country's health minister, as saying that both of the victims had been carrying the coronavirus and were located in Qom, about 140 kilometer...

ANOTHER NEWS
Hong Kong Stocks Close Lower on Virus Worries (Review)
Saturday, 22 February 2020 04:19 WIB Hong Kong stocks closed sharply lower Friday as the rising toll from the deadly coronavirus outside China fanned fears the epidemic's impact on earnings and economic growth could be worse than anticipated. The Hang Seng Index fell 1.1 percent, or...

DISCLAIMER

Seluruh materi atau konten yang tersaji di dalam website ini hanya bersifat informatif saja, dan tidak dimaksudkan sebagai pegangan serta keputusan dalam investasi atau jenis transaksi lainnya. Kami tidak bertanggung jawab atas segala akibat yang timbul dari penyajian konten tersebut. Semua pihak yang mengunjungi website ini harus membaca Terms of Service (Syarat dan Ketentuan Layanan) terlebih dahulu dan dihimbau untuk melakukan analisis secara independen serta memperoleh saran dari para ahli dibidangnya.