Facebook Still Working to Remove All Videos of New Zealand Terrorist Attack
Monday, 18 March 2019 13:24 WIB | GLOBAL |Global

Facebook is continuing to work to remove all video of the mass shooting in New Zealand which the perpetrator livestreamed Friday, the company said Sunday.

"We will continue working directly with New Zealand Police as their response and investigation continues," Mia Garlick of Facebook New Zealand said in a statement Sunday.

Garlick said that the company is currently working to remove even edited versions of the original video which do not contain graphic content, "Out of respect for the people affected by this tragedy and the concerns of local authorities."

In the 24 hours following the mass shooting, which left 50 people dead, Facebook removed 1.5 million videos of the attack, of which 1.2 million were blocked at upload, the company said.

Facebook's most recent comments follow criticism of the platform after the shooter not only livestreamed the 17 graphic minutes of his rampage, using a camera mounted on his helmet, but also had posted a 74-page white supremacist manifesto on Facebook.

Source : VOA

RELATED NEWS

British Opposition Parties Already Rejecting Latest Brexit Deal
Friday, 18 October 2019 17:04 WIB

European Union leaders are hoping the British Parliament will vote in favor of the latest Brexit deal when it comes before the lawmakers Saturday, but opposition parties are already saying they won't. Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the EU reached agreement early Thursday, two weeks before Johnson...

Former Nazi Guard, 93, Goes on Trial in Germany
Friday, 18 October 2019 10:45 WIB

A 93-year-old former concentration camp guard went on trial in Germany Thursday for abetting in the murder of more than 5,000 people. Bruno Dey was 17 when he began working as a guard at the Stutthof camp near what was then Danzig, and is now Gdansk in Poland. Dey stands accused of being an access...

Pence Pushes Erdogan to Halt Attack on Kurdish Fighters
Friday, 18 October 2019 04:56 WIB

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence on Thursday pushed Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for a cease-fire to end his military assault against Kurdish fighters in northern Syria, an offensive Erdogan initiated after President Donald Trump withdrew nearly all American troops from the battlefront. Pen...

U.K. Faces Last Chance to Avoid No-Deal or Delay: Brexit Update
Thursday, 17 October 2019 17:25 WIB

The European Union is warning that Thursday™s summit may be the last chance to avoid a cliff-edge choice between another delay to Brexit and the economic damage of the U.K. leaving without a deal. The prospects of an agreement at a crucial EU leaders™ gathering in Brussels receded on Thursday m...

US Renews Call for 'Humane' Solution to Hong Kong
Thursday, 17 October 2019 10:47 WIB

U.S. officials are renewing their call for a "humane" solution to the situation in Hong Kong, where ongoing protests show no immediate sign of ending. Earlier in an interview with Fox Business Network on Wednesday, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said protesters in Hong Kong are asking the Chinese g...

ANOTHER NEWS
Stocks open lower, but still head for a winning week on better-than-expected earnings
Friday, 18 October 2019 20:53 WIB Stocks opened lower on Friday as investors were set to wrap up the first week of the earnings season. The Dow Jones Industrial Average traded 46 points lower, or 0.2%. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq Composite slid 0.1% each. More than 70 S&P 500...

DISCLAIMER

Seluruh materi atau konten yang tersaji di dalam website ini hanya bersifat informatif saja, dan tidak dimaksudkan sebagai pegangan serta keputusan dalam investasi atau jenis transaksi lainnya. Kami tidak bertanggung jawab atas segala akibat yang timbul dari penyajian konten tersebut. Semua pihak yang mengunjungi website ini harus membaca Terms of Service (Syarat dan Ketentuan Layanan) terlebih dahulu dan dihimbau untuk melakukan analisis secara independen serta memperoleh saran dari para ahli dibidangnya.